Weekly Update05 Jun 2017
Weekly update in TiDB
Last two weeks, we landed 53 PRs in the TiDB repositories.
- Refactor expression evaluation:
Update stored password in
mysql.usertable to make it consistent with MySQL.
- Speed up the DDL process:
- Close DDL worker gracefully when shutting down the TiDB server.
Weekly update in TiKV
Last two weeks, We landed 33 PRs in the TiKV repositories.
- Introduce gRPC, see 1850, 1865, 1868, 1879.
- Report the written keys to PD for better scheduler.
- Balance the hot regions by peer and leader together.
- Record the cluster bootstrap time.
- Add the state for operators.
- Add the metrics for balance.
- Add the disaster recovery tool for PD.
- Output the allocation statistics when receiving SIGUSR1.
- Add the direct IO configuration for RocksDB.
- Check the cluster ID when re-connecting to PD.
- Reuse the timer to avoid spawning thread frequently.
- Remove the realtime signal handler.
- Prevent accessing nil store when recovering cluster.
- Check the environment TZ setting.
- Use the forward mode for scanning data in GC command.
- Check the last apply index to determine handing snapshot.